Wednesday, March 9, 2016

UPDATE: A MESSAGE FROM MR. HATFIELD


Class, I am sorry not to be with you today or the rest of this week.  

 I was looking forward very much to being in class on Wednesday, when you assemble your poster projects.  Please make sure that you bring all your research and basic materials to class on Wednesday.  My colleagues will provide you with basic items like scissors, glue sticks or colored pencils; anything else is your responsibility.   Wednesday, March 9th, is the only day you will be given in-class to complete your posters, which are due the following day, March 10th.  

DO YOUR BEST!   I STILL INTEND TO BEGIN GRADING THESE POSTERS THIS WEEK, AND IF I OBSERVE THERE IS A GROUP THAT FAILED TO HAND IN THIS IMPORTANT 100-POINT PROJECT, I WILL CONTACT THE HOME.

UNIT 6 TEST POSTPONED

On Thursday’s class, you will receive a STUDY GUIDE for your next test.  A copy of that STUDY GUIDE is available on-line, HERE.

But, because of my illness, we will not be able to test you this week.   Therefore, your test has been postponed to Wednesday, March 16th.  There will be no STUDY SESSION, as my doctor wants to reduce the amount of time that I speak in front of the class.

Therefore, for the rest of this week, it is important that you cover the material in Chapter 14 in order to prepare for your test.  Chapter 14 also contains information about pedigree diagrams, which can be potentially very helpful additions to your poster projects.  Please follow OUR directions during this time, because if you don’t, there will be gaps in your understanding when you are tested on Wednesday.

Finally, I hope to return as soon as possible.   I will be grading student work and contacting parents during the rest of this week, so that I do not ‘fall behind’ in my responsibilities.   All of this information has also been placed in a post on the class blog, so that anyone who needs to know what the expectations are during my absence can be well-informed.

No comments: